Okay. It’s about time to give you some more updates on the next book, because the release is imminent. The book is being edited right now, then it gets designed, goes through production, and all of that pain-in-the-ass stuff. And then you buy it. Right?
Okay, so here are the latest updates. I’m putting them in a bulleted list, so hang on:
- The title of the book is The Memory Hunter.
- I have been posting daily updates on its facebook page, giving little hints about the book. You should go like this page, and tell everyone about it. I have only been giving out more hints as the page gets more likes. So, go: https://www.facebook.com/thememoryhunter
- I have also promised that the first people who will find out about the book will be the subscribers to my newsletter. Also, I will be sending the first few chapters to my newsletter subscribers. That means you really need to subscribe to my list. I only send mail a few times a year, and I almost always give out free stuff when I do, so do it.
- This book is not some bizarro stream-of-consciousness plotless thing about how I shit my pants at the county fair during a riot. It is not like my other books. It is a plotted novel. It is extremely plotted. It is so plotted, Michael Bay would say “god damn, that is plotted.” You could seriously write a Syd Field book on plot based on this thing.
- That’s not to say it’s not like my other books. I think if you read the first ten of my books, you will find a lot of similarity and there’s the same kind of humor and twisted stuff within this.
- In fact, there are a lot of connections between this book and my other books. There are recurring characters, places, concepts, and items from all of my books, even the nonfiction ones. I have seriously Frank Zappa-ed the fuck out of this.
- I’ve also named a bunch of minor characters after some of my best supporters. I’ve given some of you warning about this, but expect to be called out on facebook about this, or maybe I’ll leave them a surprise until the book is published.
- It’ll be on the Kindle, and of course in print.
- This book will be available on most of the Smashwords-enabled platforms, which includes the Nook, Kobo, Apple/iTunes, Scribd, Oyster, FlipKart, and some others I’m forgetting, as well as the Smashwords store itself.
- It is just over 80,000 words, so a full-sized book. I haven’t finished the layout yet, but I estimate it to be about 300 pages in print.
- I will post more about the description and synopsis of the book later, but the tease so far is that it’s absurdist cyberpunk. It takes place in Seattle in 2007.
- The cover is amazing. The picture above is a tiny clip from it. You have to see the whole thing.
- If you review books on Amazon, Goodreads, or a blog, I absolutely need to talk to you now.
This book is a huge change for me, and I am really proud of it. I hope you will like it. I’ll tell you more when we get closer, but you absolutely need to sign up for the mailing list and go check out the facebook page for more news.