It is time for another bulleted-list update.
- I was recently so bored that I rewrote the first three pages of an erotic story, retitled it as “Randy Orton and the Loins of Passion” and submitted it to a small press for consideration. The story was an erotic coming-of-age tale involving Randy Orton, his father Cowboy Bob Orton, and Roddy Piper. It was not picked up, so I will cease writing homosexual incestual WWE-related pornography and go back to my usual work.
- Speaking of which, Ryan Werner mentioned me in this essay he wrote a bit ago about starting said small press, going on tour, and working as a janitor. Read it here.
- I am 83,477 words into a book and still do not know what it’s about. It may actually get split into a couple of things. It is 200-some pieces of flash fiction, and maybe could end up similar to Rumored to Exist, but it may take a while to get there.
- I never knew this, but Jackson Pollock was allegedly decapitated in the car accident that killed him. I’d like to think the interior of the car looked like one of his paintings after the incident, but that’s just wishful thinking.
- Having just one hobby that I am no good at that makes me constantly want to spend thousands of dollars on new gear instead of practice to increase my skill (bass guitar) is not enough, so I have been doing down a k-hole with photography. I am intent on learning WTF the difference between aperture and shutter speed is (I think I know now) and I’m trying to stop using the automatic mode on my camera. I’m also trying to not spend any money on new gear. I haven’t taken any phenomenal pictures I’ve posted online lately, but my flickr page is the home of all shots I have snapped.
- Here is a new thing to obsess over: http://www.kernelmag.com/features/report/4716/a-russian-enigma/
- One sister-in-law was here for about a week, so we got to go to all kinds of places we only go when people visit us, like the Pacific Science Center and the Oakland Museum (pics). Unlike her last visit, we did not have a blackout, did not have a closet collapse, and did not go to see a Jackass movie, but otherwise it was cool.
- We babysat the 18-month-old twins overnight for the other sister-in-law last weekend. Even more miraculous than the ease of this operation was the fact that not one person mommyjacked my status update on facebook to ask me when I was going to have kids.
- Joel-Peter Witkin created, among other things, the photo used for the Pungent Stench album Been Caught Buttering. Witkin claims that his vision and sensibility spring from an episode he witnessed as a young child, an automobile accident in front of his house in which a little girl was decapitated:
It happened on a Sunday when my mother was escorting my twin brother and me down the steps of the tenement where we lived. We were going to church. While walking down the hallway to the entrance of the building, we heard an incredible crash mixed with screaming and cries for help. The accident involved three cars, all with families in them. Somehow, in the confusion, I was no longer holding my mother’s hand. At the place where I stood at the curb, I could see something rolling from one of the overturned cars. It stopped at the curb where I stood. It was the head of a little girl. I bent down to touch the face, to speak to it — but before I could touch it someone carried me away”.
- We’re going to Maui in October. I have never been to that island, although I really liked both of my trips to Oahu. (2003 pics, 2005 pics)
- Thunderbird is still available and you should buy it.
- I believe the 2015 convention for my UFO cult will be in the Bahamas, so please contact me for details.