I am so goddamn bored.
I get like this when I finish a book. I thought it was depression, but it’s not. It’s boredom. I am 30,000 words into the next book, but it’s just a collection of short vignettes, with no story or bones or structure behind it, so trying to read it right now would be like trying to eat a bag of sugar.
I wish I could find some web site that interested me, instead of just fucking off on Facebook and reading wikipedia entries on drone warfare.
Anyway, here is a big bulleted list of updates.
- Thunderbird is getting some good reviews on Goodreads. Click here and go read them. Then go buy the book. Then tell all of your friends to buy the book.
- One of the reviews said I should make a calendar that has 365 bits from the stories on them so you could read them every day, which is not a half bad idea.
- I actually was thinking that I should take all of these vignettes and edit them so they would each fit on a Magic the Gathering-sized card. Then you would buy a deck of 68 or whatever, and you could shuffle up the cards and read them in whatever order. Or something.
- I have been trying to write more Amazon reviews. Go here and read them. And click the like buttons. And if you want me to review your stuff, drop me a line.
- My PS3 died for the third time, and I finally gave up on it and bought a new one. I got one of those super-slims and it came with the race car game and some game where a guy shoots lightning bolts out of his hands which was fairly asinine.
- The race car game, when I started it up, said it had to update and then downloaded 12 pieces that were seriously like a gigabyte total, then said it had to install to the drive and that took another hour. Seriously, at that point, don’t even give me a goddamn game disk and just say the whole thing is online.
- Because the new PS3 does not play PS2 games, I sold a bunch of my old games online for like a dollar each, because it was too depressing to just have them around the house, and I’m trying to not be a hoarder.
- I somehow did something to my right arm, and it feels sprained. I also lean on that arm a lot, like on my mouse, so it’s all fucked up. I bought one of those RSI braces at the drug store and I am not playing bass for a few days to try and give it a rest.
- I think I am going to Maui in October, so if you have any ideas on what to do in Maui that doesn’t involve camping or having to shit outside, let me know. Optimally, I would like to find a place that lets you shoot machine guns out of helicopters, but I think that’s only legal in Texas.
- I found these caffeinated jelly beans and ordered a case of them and really wish I would not have.
- I am reading the patient information pamphlet for my allergy nose spray, and Epistaxis would be an awesome name for a death metal band.
That’s all for now.